Wednesday, October 17, 2012

'The Contempt is Amazing'


Illustration from this Flickr


From Katie:
Just got verbally harassed by the bus driver on the 92 bus #6562 going South while getting on the bus at Constitution Ave. A police car was in front of the bus, trying to squeeze through traffic in the right lane where the bus should have pulled up, so the bus stopped about 10 feet away from the stop, but did not open the doors.
I wasn’t sure if it would pull up, so I started walking toward it, at which point the driver opened the doors.
As I got on, the driver looked at me and said aggressively, “Get the f*ck on.” (The bus was at a red light, and I wasn’t holding up anything.)
I stared at him in disbelief and a few moments later decided to make a note of what happened on my phone. He noticed me doing this (I was standing at the front) and rudely called out, “You want my name, too?”

Not the first time I’ve seen or experienced bus drivers treating passengers like sh*t on this route. The contempt is amazing.

From Niko:
The female bus driver opened her window and started screaming at the top of her lungs at a man outside. I believe the reason was because she almost hit him. She was screaming out foul language, and called him “WHITE TRASH”. She was so aggravated that she missed the next stop that was requested and yelled  at the passenger. Ok, the crazy mentally unstable drivers of WMATA are no news but the “white trash” part - is that normal? You never know in this country.

These two come via Tumblr.  Something seems to be off with the notification system there, and I don't receive messages that people have submitted.  It's best to use unsuckdcmetro{at}yahoo{dot}com. I promise complete anonymity. If you still want to submit via Tumblr, that's cool, just realize I might not see it immediately. Thanks to all who take the time to submit their stories!


Other items:
Cell phone coverage not a safety issue for GM Sarles (Examiner)
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Site Meter